Monday, July 19, 2010

Why.... does this have to happen to Toni???


Poor Toni, i feel so bad for him. This morning I was remarking how well his back looked. I thought it looked like it was almost healed. Then, this afternoon, i look down at him to put him outside and to my horror I saw a gaping wound. The stitches broke and Toni had a huge raw wound on his back. AND.... to make matters worse, I feel this was completely UNnecessary. Toni originally went in to have lacerations on his ankle sutured and the vet kept saying he really wanted to take off this growth on his back even though I said he'd had it for years and it was fine.
I must mention that ever since last wed when Toni cut his ankle, my heart has regrouped to its former self and my love for Toni knows no bounds. His breath is better and he's just so pathetic with all the bandages. Now I feel HORRIBLE seeing his bony little back and frail skin held together with 8 staples and one suture. I asked the vet if it was possible for his back to just split back open again even with all these staples and he said not likely, but possible. So, for the next 10 or so days until this heals I'll be on pins and needles every time I peer over at his sad little back. Toni, has been a champ..... acts like nothing is wrong... which scares me. I'm going to hope the next post is NOT about Toni and the vet. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment