Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Toni Saga Continues...


Another fine day in Toni land. He's had his ankle stitches in for well over two weeks... actually, i think almost 3 weeks. Today was the day I finally dragged him back to the vet AGAIN. The vet and I are tight.... like, I'm almost to the point where i feel it appropriate to invite him back to our house for a lovely glass of wine and some suture and staple undoing over dinner.

Anyway, i felt ok about this vet trip because last week when i was in there having his bandages changed out, the vet said his ankle wound looked like it was healing "great". I chose not to look. So, today as i lug Toni, my two young boys and my whale like pregnant self back into the vet, i was feeling good about Toni coming home with a healthy sewn together ankle. Well, if this doesn't say it all.... when they unwrapped the bandage, all we saw was oozing blood and my 4 year old boy covered his eyes and said "i can't look". Nice. Apparently since it had been wrapped up for so long it just wasn't drying out. flat out nasty. The vet still thinks it looks good, but the damn wound is still open a bit. I was given the instructions to 'let it breathe' so the air can heal it.
HMMMMMM... does the vet care nothing about my furniture?

So, home we went. i dropped him off, put him in the bathroom with his bed and left for about an hour. i came back to find him nibbling on his wet, bloody filth. Fabulous moment. Anyway, the enormous cone thingy went on his pathetic little wispy neck. Toni now bumps into every wall and piece of furniture i have in the house because the collar is so enormous.

The staples are supposed to be finally taken out next Monday. I'm hoping we make it that long before going back. wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment